In this article, I am going to tell you about and dental implants in Los Angeles. Before proceeding, let me tell you about dental implants.
What are dental implants?
Dental implants is a procedure where dentists replace a missing tooth. Dental implants have many benefits, so you should not think that they will harm you. Although it is not suitable for every person. Here are some advantages of dental implants surgery:
- More natural and comfortable than your previous teeth.
- Enhances chewing function in your mouth.
- Reduces the risk of cavities development in nearby teeth.
- No need to take out and clean it daily
- The success rate of implant dental is higher.
How Many types of tooth implants are there?
The two types of dental implants are available. These two are:
Endosteal dental – Here the dentist fixes them in the jawbone, and each one of these can hold one or more artificial teeth.
The dentist fixes this on the top of the jawbone. This is selected for those people who do not have enough height to their jawbone.
Now you might be thinking about safety, is it safe or not.
Let me clear your concern. If an experienced and qualified dentist performs the surgery, it is totally safe for you. It is the only dental restoration option that helps maintain the health of the jawbone and stimulates the growth of the jawbone.
You might be curious to know about the risks of dental implant surgery.
As I told you, not every person is fit for dental implants. Let me tell you the people who should not consider tooth implant surgery.
- People suffering from acute illness are not fit for dental implant surgery.
- If you have an uncontrollable metabolic disease, you should not consider a tooth implant.
- People who have a soft tissue infection should not go to the dentist for implant dental surgery.
If these problems are solved, you can have dental implant surgery.
In many cases, dentists deny operating dental implant surgery on people who have:
- Smoking habits
- Psychological disorders
- Human immunodeficiency virus
- acquired immune deficiency syndrome
- Diseases like diabetes and osteoporosis.
If people facing the issues mentioned earlier undergo implant dental surgery, the chances are high that their surgery won’t work.
Dentists also don’t operate on people undergoing the below-mentioned treatments because there will be a higher risk of implant complications if they do.
- Bone loss diseases treatment.
- Chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
If you are properly fit, then there are high chances that your tooth implant surgery will work out and help maintain the jawbone’s health.
What are the potential complications of dental implant surgery?
People undergoing surgery might experience complications during or after the surgery. The issues can be:
- Nerve damage can be caused, which will result in an altered sensation in the area where surgery occurred.
- The incision can open after surgery.
- Movement of the implant can also be an issue that you might face during or afterwards.
- Infection of the dental implant can also be an issue.
The individual who faces movement/exposure of the dental implant must undergo some additional procedures to improve the jawbone’s health and remove or replace the implant if needed.
I have told you about the risks and other things, now let’s know about the signs and symptoms.
Following are the signs and symptoms that will tell you about the success of your dental implant surgery:
- You will feel pain when tapping the implant.
- Secretions from the surgical place will come.
- Bone loss will be rapid and progressive.
- If your dental implant is excessively mobile, then it is successful.
What are the factors influencing the tooth implant?
Factors that influence the experience of patients who have undergone dental surgery include:
- The number of teeth that required tooth implant.
- Location of tooth implant within the jawbone
- Quality and quantity of jawbone where dental implant surgery was done.
- Individual’s oral health.
These are the factors that influence the experience of any individual.
What about Maintenance?
If you have undergone dental implant surgery, then it is obvious that you have to maintain the tooth afterwards.
If you have undergone dental implant surgery, you must brush and floss your teeth daily. Artificial teeth require the same care and maintenance as an original tooth.
The dentist also schedules some follow-up visits to monitor the tooth implant and makes sure that the teeth are healthy.
What is the cost required for a dental implant?
Every dentist has different prices for dental implants. The cost varies from dentist to dentist. But there are some factors which influence the cost. Below mentioned are the factors:
- The number of implants required.
- Types of implant required.
- Where the dental implant is located within the jaw.
- Need of any additional procedures. If any additional procedure is required, you have to pay extra for that.
The cost of the dental implant is estimated during the initial examination.
Other tooth replacement options are less expensive. Bridges are hard to keep clean, and they require a lot of maintenance. So dental implants may provide you more and long term benefits if the person is taking care of that.
Does a dental implant cause any pain?
The surgery should not cause any pain after the mouth is numbed. After the numbness goes off, you might feel some pain.
How long does the tooth implant last?
It lasts anywhere between 10 to 20 years. However, many are removed sooner because the patient feels some complications.
Is a tooth implant good?
Dental implants are the best option after losing your natural tooth because they look and feel like natural teeth.
A crown is attached at the top of the teeth. This ensures longevity and stability.
I hope this article will help you know about dental implants and other things related to this, such as the cost of implant dental the risk and maintenance of dental implants.